All members of ASSITEJ Belgium are invited to submit their proposals for panel discussions, workshops, pecha kucha, research papers, posters, symposia and screenings for the ASSITEJ World Congress that takes place from 17-27 May 2017 in Cape Town, South Africa. Deadline is 15 September 2016. The organizers are looking for:
1. Research proposals
The research network ITYARN is one of the organisers of the conference “Cradle of Creativity: Examining intercultural exchange and diversity in theatre for young audiences”, that is part of the ASSITEJ World Congress. The organisers welcome research proposals that reflect analysis and celebration of collaborations and intercultural projects about theatre for children and youth across the world.
The organisation has developed some thematic strands that speak to the exciting developments in research into theatre for and with children and youth, but these are by no means fixed or isolated categories. These are just a few of them: intercultural exchange: cultural norms and values; citizenship and social justice; interdisciplinary and integrated arts. For a complete overview, click here.
2. Contributions to the focus-days
Aside from the ITYARN Conference, the ASSITEJ World Congress and Festival also includes focus-days on which additional seminars, symposia, workshops, readings and other events can take place. The organizers invite proposals that are related specifically to the identified focus.
The Focus Days :
- Indigenous and Contemporary forms of Storytelling for Youth (18 May)
- Music Theatre for Young Audiences (19 May)
- Theatre for Social Change (20 May)
- Theatre for Healing (21 May)
- Theatre for Children by Children (21 May)
- Dance Theatre for Young Audiences (24 May)
- Theatre for Young Audiences in Africa (25 May) ) in association with ACYTA (African Children and Youth Theatre Arena)
- Inclusive theatre (26 May) in association with IIAN (International Inclusive Arts Network)
- Theatre for the Early Years (27 May) in association with Small Size Network
- New Writing for Young Audiences (across the festival), in association with Write Local. Play Global
Format: Proposals for presentations can take the following forms: conference papers, posters, symposiums, panel discussions, workshops, pecha kucha, screenings
Detailed information can be found here.
Deadline for proposals: 15th September 2016
Enquiries should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org