While the 2020 Edinburgh International Children’s Festival cannot take place, on 28 and 29 May Imaginate will be hosting a series of online encounters to bring our sector together in these unprecedented times. Join the Imaginate team and performing arts professionals around the world for digital discussions with artists, panel talks, networking events and social activities!
- Thu 28 May 12:00-13:30 — In conversation with Sue Giles (Polyglot) and Ellie Griffiths (Oily Cart): Exploring new ways of working creatively over long distances; leading a company in times of change
- Thu 28 May 16:00-17:30 — Programming in a new era
- Fri 29 May 13:30-15:00 — Playwrights Discussion Panel: Dark themes in theatre for young people (sold out but will be available on Facebook Live and the Imaginate website)
- Fri 29 May 16:00-17:00 — In conversation with Natasha Gilmore (Barrowland Ballet): Being caught by the lockdown mid-creation
- Fri 29 May 20:00 — Virtual Disco with DJ Jordy Deelight
- Thu 28 & Fri 29 May — A Piece of You (7+) by Greg Sinclair (sold out)
Imaginate has also curated a selection of streamed performances for children and online events which coincide with the Digital Delegate Encounters. More details here.
Photo: licht! — tout petit © Emilie Jacomet