For the first time in history, a 100% Belgian performing arts festival for young audiences will be held in 3 Belgian cities, bringing you 15 state-of-the-art shows. Barak Belgique will take place from 8 to 11 November 2019, in Brussels, Ghent and Liège.
The festival, which is aimed at performing arts professionals from all over the world and children and teenagers, their families and schools, will be a unique opportunity to discover the quality, diversity and international potential of work for young audiences from the Flemish, French and German-speaking Communities in Belgium and to network with Belgian and international colleagues. Young audiences in Belgium will be able to attend performances from the other linguistic Communities in their own city.
Barak Belgique is an initiative of ASSITEJ Belgium in collaboration with BRONKS, La montagne magique, KOPERGIETERY, Les Chiroux, La Cité Miroir, the Théâtre Universitaire Royal de Liège and Minard. The artistic programme has been curated by an international jury of experts: Alain Grégoire (La Maison Théâtre, Montreal), Laura Graser (Rotondes, Luxembourg), Purni Morell (formerly Unicorn Theatre, London), Paul Neefs (formerly Cultural Centre de Werft, Geel, Belgium), Chantal Heck (Alter Schlachthof, Eupen, Belgium) and David De Meuter (Cultural Centre Jacques Franck, Brussels).
The selected performances are:
- Les Misérables (9+) − Compagnie Karyatides − object theatre
- Le petit théâtre de Hannah Arendt (10+) − AGORA Theater − text-based theatre / music theatre
- Dans l’atelier (8+) − Tof Théâtre − puppetry
- Rita (8+) − Tuning People & BRONKS − dance / theatre / performance
- PAKMAN (5+) − Post uit Hessdalen − music theatre / circus
- Système 2 (3+) − Les Pieds dans le Vent − visual theatre
- Blizzard (7+) − Une Tribu collectif − puppetry
- Invited (8+) − Seppe Baeyens / Ultima Vez − dance / participatory
- Bizar (4+) − Théâtre des 4 Mains & Muziektheater De Kolonie − object theatre / music theatre
- BOKS (1,5 – 5) − Theater De Spiegel − dance theatre
- 8.2 (14+) − hetpaleis, fABULEUS & Moussem Nomadisch Kunstencentrum / Radouan Mriziga − dance
- Down Tiger Down (5+) − Audrey Dero / Pudding − object theatre
- House (8+) − Inne Goris / LOD muziektheater & hetpaleis − music theatre
- 10:10 (6+) − Nyash / Caroline Cornélis − dance
- Crisps for free! (5+) − compagnie barbarie − theatre
Discover the festival schedule for professionals, including networking opportunities and visits
Information on delegate packages and registration
Welcome to Barak Belgique!
With the support of the Cultural Cooperation Agreement between the Flemish and French Communities, the Flemish Community, Wallonie-Bruxelles International, Service public francophone bruxellois, Taalunie, the German-speaking Community, City of Ghent, the Brussels-Capital Region, the Province of Liège, Wallonie-Bruxelles Théâtre Danse and Flanders Arts Institute